Saturday, February 23, 2008

Book Review: Dragon Slippers

I had the opportunity to meet Dragon Slippers author Jessica Day George at the LTUE conference this past month. She was completely delightful and tons of fun, and her book was as great as she was. It is the story of a young girl named Creel who is given to a dragon when her family can no longer support her. I was enchanted from the first line on which reads: It was my aunt who decided to give me to the dragon.
From that moment on I knew I had a winning book in my hands. Creel is a great heroine and a terrific role modle for your kids. The story deals with being a friend, standing up for yourself, going for your dreams, and being willing to set things right when you know you have messed up. This is a great book for you to read with your kids or let them read without worry. The dragons are fun, and I could see young boys liking this new fairy tale as much as girls. I give it five stars!

No comments: