Thursday, February 7, 2008

100 Things

After reading Mariah’s 100 things, I decided to join the club. So here it goes.
100 things about me.
1. My favorite color is and has always been blue.
2. I was the only one with blue eyes in my family.
3. I love to write.
4. My favorite TV shows are Monk and Psych, but I always fall asleep before they are on, so I have to watch the reruns on Saturday.
5. I love to read.
6. I used to be terrified of flying.
7. My husband is a pilot.
8. I am no longer terrified of flying.
9. I can sing, but only in sign language!
10. Teaching Sunbeams is my favorite church calling.
11. Growing up I wanted to be a Senator.
12. My favorite musical used to be Les Miserables.
13. My favorite musical is now a tie between Wicked and Aida.
14. My favorite book is Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier.
15. The best concert I’ve ever been to was Barry Manilow.
16. I have been to Germany 5 times.
17. I have no fashion sense. If it is comfortable I wear it.
18. I love Magelby’s chocolate cake.
19. I look forward to Book Club all month long.
20. If I couldn’t be a Senator, I wanted to be a Campaign Speech Writer.
21. My one time in Hawaii was at 3 am and I stayed on the plane and slept.
22. I check Stepenie Meyer’s website everyday to see if there is more information on Twilight the Movie.
23. My least favorite chore is unloading the dishwasher.
24. I make my 7 year old unload it.
25. My husband took me flying to purpose to me.
26. I was in a plane when the propeller flew off and we had no engine.
27. I was 7 months pregnant when we had to make an emergency landing (which we did thanks to the cute pilot!)
28. I once sponsored a dolphin. Go Eastern Spinners!
29. One of the best dates I ever went on was on 4th of July. We went flying and saw the fireworks up close.
30. I like to scrapbook.
31. I talk to my mom everyday on the phone.
32. Once I didn’t call my mom and she called me worried something had happened to me.
33. I wish I would have learned to play an instrument.
34. I love Audrey Hepburn movies.
35. I love Sci-Fi TV shows. Firefly, Farscape, Stargate, Babylon 5, you name it.
36. In high school I never went anywhere without a camera.
37. I’ve been bitten by a black widow spider.
38. I love to spend a day at the lake.
39. My favorite Jamba Juice is Pomegranate Heart Defender.
40. I read the label on all the foods I buy.
41. I still sometimes buy things after reading the label.
42. I think I was sent to the Philippines on my mission because I am always cold.
43. I even got cold in the Philippines, but just once.
44. Whenever I go to California I eat as many meals possible at In-N-Out Burger.
45. I like country music.
46. I could watch Sailor Moon all day long.
47. I’ve always wanted a house with a porch and a white picket fence.
48. I can’t follow an aerobic workout for the life of me.
49. I’ve learned to love Yoga! Slow and Steady.
50. I love Mary Engelbreit artwork.
51. I am allergic to cats.
52. I get sick at amusement parks.
53. I have a blanket named Rover the dead dog.
54. My car’s name is Daisy.
55. My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice, the new one.
56. I was once detained in East Germany for several hours by Russian guards.
57. I like to make lists and schedules.
58. I rarely follow my list and schedules.
59. The older I get, the curlier my hair gets.
60. I love to cook.
61. When I get books signed by authors, I have them signed to my kids.
62. I once picked to go to Chuck-A-Rama for a Valentine’s date.
63. I like to pop my toes.
64. I can’t play video games because I get sick.
65. I love to play Miss Pac-Man even if I get sick.
66. I am clueless about computers.
67. I clean the house faster when I am talking on the phone.
68. I don’t like to wear jewelry very much.
69. I have horrible eyesight.
70. I love taking roadtrips.
71. I collect shot glasses.
72. I have a list of all the Dvd’s I own.
73. I can use chopsticks.
74. I believe in ghosts.
75. I don’t believe in Aliens.
76. I have a hard time buying things that are not on sale.
77. I can’t draw.
78. I love to read to my kids.
79. I love glazed donuts.
80. My name was supposed to be Shannon.
81. I listen to show tunes while I clean.
82. I’ve been bit by a cockroach.
83. I have the same birthday as my sister and we are not twins.
84. I once had a job cleaning the men’s shower room. (It was empty of course!)
85. I used to work at Burger King.
86. I like taking care of my family.
87. I have been bitten by a monkey.
88. I make my kids CD’s of songs for each of their birthday’s.
89. I love the Ocean.
90. Angel’s Landing is my favorite place on earth.
91. I wrote an 110,000 word novel.
92. I like to organize things.
93. Sometimes I spend so much time organizing that I forget to clean.
94. One of my favorite vacations was driving to Chicago with my mom and dad.
95. I stood on the Presidential Trail and still never saw Mount Rushmore ( Fog on 4th of July!!! Can you believe it?)
96. I want to go to Scotland and Ireland and the Lake District of England.
97. I would love to go back to school and major in History.
98. I saw the movie La Bamaba 11 times in the movie theater.
99. I love to rearrange the furniture in my house.
100. My favorite flowers are yellow daisies.

6 comments:

kingwritergirl said...

I did not know that your name was suppose to be Shannon. Even I have htings I can learn about you

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So fun to learn about you. Geez, you have been biten by a lot of things.
Barry Manilow - Rocks!

I too love to organize. I am glad you played. :)

Juliana said...

Thanks for sharing... and good luck finding someone to publish your novel! I'm sending LOTS of good vibes your way!!

J Glazier said...

Good Luck Writing! OUch you've had a lot bites! I loved reading all the fun things about you.

Michelle C. said...

It's amazing the things you have in common with people. You must be pretty tasty for getting bit so many times. Cool list, thanks for sharing.

Mariah said...

I liked your list, sorry it took me so long to get to it. For some reason I forgot to put you in my google reader. Good luck with your novel...that is so exciting!