Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Realization

While working on my story the past couple of days I have come to the realization that the super cool idea (the one that must be written) that I started with, does not belong in this story. At first that was discouraging, but then I realized that the story I am writing is in itself super fun and cool. So now I have two story ideas both fun and different. That's great, but which one do I write? They both need some major plotting since one now has a story idea, but I have no clue how to accomplish it, and the other has the super cool idea, but I don't have a story to go with it. One is light and comical which is something I want to write since we don't have enough of those just feel good YA books lately. The other is darker, more dangerous which fits in with what I have been writing and many of the stories that I have planned to write in the future. SO I think my writing goal is going to have to change for the month. I still plan on writing every day, but I think I need to take a week or so separating these two ideas, building each one up and then seeing which one really wants to be written right now. So until then I must remember to WRITE ON!

2 comments:

Jena said...

Awesome! I can't wait to read them BOTH!

John Arkwright said...

Take a breath!