Sunday, April 6, 2008

Writing Party

My friend Meg was here this weekend from Virginia. We met in August at the Orson Scott Card BootCamp. Last night a bunch of us writers got together. It was so fun. Get a group of writers in a room and there is never a silent moment! We played a fun game called Unspeakable Words. It is a card game where you have to spell words, but the higher your points, the more chance you have of losing your mind! What can I say, we are writers and most of us are Sci-Fi or Fantasy so we are crazy already. Then we talked about everything from writing a synopsis to getting published (There were several people there that had short stories published) so it was great to get info because although I have gotten many a rejection, finally someone wrote back and said they wanted to see more. Yeah me! I want to do a public shout out to Aly and just say thanks for the kick in the pants. I would have never gotten this far without you! Well, the evening was a blast and it was so nice to have time away from the house! (D watched the kids, what a sweetie). To all of you that were there, it was great to see you. Thanks for the fun and all the advice. All I have left to say is...WRITE ON!

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

Whoooohoooooo on someone requesting more!! That's so awesome!

Dani said...

Hey, it's great that someone requested to see more! Let us know how it goes! What a fun reunion for you!

kingwritergirl said...

WRITE ON!! I'm so excited for you, and you know that I woudl never be where I am without you either! Thanks so much. Good luck

Wasn't that party fun. I wish I could have stayed longer.