Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leprechauns in Space


Okay, so it is no secret that I am a writer. But what you may not know is my actual writing career began when I was in eighth grade. I wrote my first story. It was titled Leprechauns in Space. It was actually a screen play. Here is a brief excerpt from it....
(Cut to 3 Leprechauns dancing around a pot of Gold) They Sing: Leprechauns in space are we, in space we're leprechauns, We dance with the stars and sing with the man in the moon. We're green, yes green, and magic too, and we are here to entertain you.

Now you can see why I gave up writing for so long! Well yesterday I was at the library and if you go down to the video area there is always the same guy there and he sits at his computer watching adds for movies. So as I am walking by his desk, the movie he is reviewing is : Leprechaun 4 In space! I laughed so hard. Maybe my idea wasn't so bad after all. I mean, hey someone was willing to make a leprechaun in space movie. It gives me hope that somewhere out there my ideas will be liked. Trust me, I am coming up with a lot better stuff now days!

3 comments:

kingwritergirl said...

Maybe someone stole your idea and turned it into a movie. Too bad it wasn't copywrited, you could have amde millions!!

Anonymous said...

How funny...You are so cute...thanks for all your cute comments on my blog. I wish I could see you more often. I miss the days of hanging out...pretty care free ehhh?

Dani said...

I had that happen to me once too. I had an idea for a book, wrote down an outline, started to think out the characters and had a tentative title in mind. Then a few months went by and I didn't think about it much until one day I was in Deseret Book and saw a book with a very similar title. I picked it up and saw that it was almost an identical storyline too. Oh well!!