Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 2014

Happy New Year! I’m a bit behind on getting this post going, but I’ve been on an editing marathon (8th graders Nanowrimo stories--more on that later). Last year was a crazy adjustment of not being in school, starting to do more editing with Eschler Editing, and getting a full time job--also editing--for a local university. I’m feeling more confident about things this year. I’ve set five goals for the new year. Spiritual--Family scripture study, Physical--Lose weight, Educational--Read 52 books, Business--continue to take on more edits and blog weekly, and Writing--Finish final draft of Room for Two and write first full length draft of The King’s Brother (I already have an outline/novella for this).

So that’s it. Seems pretty easy. Doing pretty good on everything so far. Sometimes scripture study ends up happening in the car on the way to drop kids at school, and I still haven’t finished a full book (but I’m almost done with Warm Bodies). I’m doing good on the weight loss, already down five pounds since the 1st. Here is my blog, maybe I’ll even post two this week to make up for last week--yeah that’s probably not going to happen. And I have been writing 15 minutes a day. The final draft of room is at 35,000 words right now. So that’s not too bad.

The thing is, I know as time goes by things won’t be so easy. So, I’ve decide to reevaluate my goals at the end of each month and see how they are working out for me. For now all I can do is try. Yeah, yeah I know what Yoda says, but I sort of like what Chester Bernard said, “To try and fail is at least to learn; to fail to try is to suffer the inestimable loss of what might have been.” So I’m going to keep trying and learning.

What about you? What are your goals for 2014? Writing a book? Winning the lottery? Getting the laundry done and folded at the same time? Let me know and I promise to send positive vibes your way!

HAPPY 2014!

Write on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that Chester Bernard quote. It's so true and so important to remember! Love your goals for 2014 and am cheering you on! :)