Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Next Chapter

Once upon a time there was a stay-at-home mom who cooked, cleaned, chased after kids, and all of the million other jobs that only a mother can understand. Knowing that soon all of her children would be in school she decided that maybe she should go to school as well. Because she also loved to write, she signed up to take an English class at the local university one night a week. Three years later she graduated.

Yes, it is official. I am a college graduate. I have a BA in History through Utah Valley University. So now what?  What is the next chapter in the book of my life? Most important is that I get to pick my kids up from school everyday, and spend my evenings hanging with my family and not with my textbooks. I hope that I will have time to blog a bit more, I plan on hitting a long line of books on my GoodReads list that have been put on hold, and I definitely plan on writing--a lot!

The good thing is that all my jobs are beneficial to my writing goals. Working as a part time cashier allows me time to read and brainstorm ideas. Working as a freelance editor gives me the chance to improve my writing and critiquing skills. And being a mom to a soon to be teenager keeps me up on the  current trends that all my YA protagonists need to know about!

In January I plan on continuing sending out queries on And the Sky Full of Stars. I plan on working intensely on a second draft of Room for Two. And I plan on keeping up with my blog and hope to catch up with all of you. 

I wish you all a wonderful New Year! 

Write On!

No comments: