Monday, February 15, 2010

LTUE, Richard Hatch, and President Cup Champions!!!



So this past weekend I got to go to Life, the Universe, and Everything at BYU. It is the longest running student organized science fiction and fantasy symposium in the US. I have been attending for the past three years and have loved every minute of it. Not only is it actually within driving range, but it is FREE to attend. Bonus and Bonus. There were some great workshops. I especially got a lot out of Dan Wells on Pacing and Story Structure. I love that LTUE is right after my birthday because that means I always have a stack of books that I can get signed, which makes me a big fan girl I know, but it is so much fun to meet writers I admire.
This year however, my big fan girl moment didn't come from an author (well I take that back, he is an author of several books) but from the man I had a huge crush on growing up. Richard Hatch...Apollo from the original Battlestar Galactica. He also plays Tom Zarek on the new Battlestar, but he will forever be Apollo to me. I must thank my friends Chris, and Garrett for lending me a camera and being my photographer as I had the biggest fan girl moment of my life. I know I am a nerd. But really, he gave an awesome workshop that was very inspirational.

M's team won the President's Cup In st. George this weekend against Crossfire, the team that they lost to in a shootout this Fall at the Sparta Cup. This time they took the title of number one team in Utah for their division in a 3-1 game. I am so proud of all the work that she has put forth. This team has been amazing for her, not only to help her soccer game, but also to teach her how to work as a team, making great friends, learning to listen to instructions, I could go on and on. Way to go M and way to go Lightning FC!!!

4 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

I've always wanted to go to LTUE but it never seems to work out. Good for you. Sounds like a blast.

And congrats on the championship!!

Lenice said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you are taking time for yourself!

kingwritergirl said...

Very cool! Glad you went. go M!

Anonymous said...

Way to go M...That is an awesome accomplishment!!!