Monday, November 1, 2021

I signed a Book Deal!

Last time I posted I had just self published Oh My Oppa! It is a cute little romance in the Korean Crush Series, and I had the support of some amazing friends to walk me through the indie publishing world. I remember hitting that publish button and being so excited to start my writing adventure after spending so many years editing other people's stories. And then life hit–hard.

My dear mother-in-law's ALS went from bad to worse and we soon lost her. My day job switched and suddenly I was a manager with a lot more responsibility. I started grad school. Covid came and stayed and stayed and stayed. I finished my Master of Education in Higher Education Leadership. Two kids graduated. One kid joined a traveling soccer team. My husband switched positions at work. And for awhile I forgot about writing and books (well at least the fun type that were not 500 page text books) and the characters inside my head. 

Thankfully, they didn't forget about me. 

Fast forward to this summer. I'd just graduated with my M.Ed. and life was slowly starting to calm down when I got an email from an editor that I had sent a full version of And the Sky Full of Starts to months before. The email said she loved Sky and was going to recommend it for acquisition. There was just one hiccup–she was leaving the company to pursue her own writing career. (And good for her! We should NEVER give up on our dreams!)

Well, then I didn't hear and I didn't hear and I sort of gave up until...I did hear.

She had recommended Sky and the main editor loved it also! And suddenly there was a book contract and edits to be done and a webpage to be made (look for announcements on my upcoming website soon) and author pages to be put in place (follow me on Facebook) and that dream I've had of publishing a book (by an actual publisher, with editors that loved my story even though they aren't my mom or niece or best friend) was one step closer to coming true. 

I am so excited and pleased to announce that I have signed with Immortal Works Publishing to publish And the Sky Full of Stars (name subject to change). This really is a dream come true, and I can't wait to see where this new adventure takes me. 

Oh, and I have to add–as I sit here editing my own book–it is pretty awesome. I think you're going to love it, so stay tuned for more announcements. 

No comments: