Saturday, July 21, 2012

Falling Behind

It is always easy to make your goals those first few days or weeks. At the start of June I made a goal to blog once a week, send at least one query a week for Sky and write 15 minutes a day on Room. I was doing great for a while, but then as usual life hit. Even though school is done, I still have homework. I have to read in German everyday so when I start my class in the August I am not completely behind. I am working on my senior writing project so that I can defend my paper in October instead of at the end of the term when I am trying to deal with finals. So, its not really like I have any extra time.

I am also looking at a full time job, and so I am doing some applications and some online training to get up to speed. The kids soccer schedule is never ending. But on a high note my house is clean. With that being said, sometimes I look at everything I have to do and tell myself its okay to fall behind, and it is. I am a busy girl. The problem is, I want to be a writer, and so falling behind is unacceptable. So I will recommit. I will write a blog once a week. I will send out a query once a week (after I rewrite my query based on the awesome workshop I went to this week on writing queries by Elana Johnson, but that is a topic for another blog). And now that I have figured out what I want to do with Room and have edited the previous fifteen chapters to make the ending work I am going for an even loftier goal. I want to finish the first draft by the end of August.

Those are my new goals. That is what I am committed to and I will not allow myself to think that just because I am busy I can fall behind. I want to write. I want to be published and the more I do each day, the closer and faster I will get to that goal. So until then....WRITE ON... because I will be.

No comments: